Hold The Floor
Hold The Floor was uploaded on October 19, 2017 at 7:11 pm. This image is published on the Floor category. Hold The Floor is tagged with Hold The Floor, Hold, The, Floor..
Holdhold1 (hōld),USA pronunciation v., held;
held or (Archaic) hold•en;
- to have or keep in the hand;
grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his.
- to set aside;
reserve or retain: to hold merchandise until called for; to hold a reservation.
- to bear, sustain, or support, as with the hands or arms, or by any other means.
- to keep in a specified state, relation, etc.: The preacher held them spellbound.
- to detain: The police held him at the station house.
- to engage in;
carry on: to hold a meeting.
- to keep back from action;
restrain: Fear held him from acting.
- to have the ownership or use of;
keep as one's own;
occupy: to hold political office.
- to contain or be capable of containing: This bottle holds a quart.
- to bind or make accountable to an obligation: We will hold you to your promise to pay back the money.
- to have or keep in the mind;
think or believe: We hold this belief.
- to regard or consider: to hold a person responsible.
- to decide legally.
- to consider of a certain value;
rate: We held her best of all the applicants.
- to keep forcibly, as against an adversary: Enemy forces held the hill.
- to point, aim, or direct: He held a gun on the prisoner. The firefighter held a hose on the blaze.
- to sustain (a note, chord, or rest).
- to omit from the usual order or combination: Give me a burger well-done—hold the pickle.
- to remain or continue in a specified state, relation, etc.: Hold still while I take your picture.
- to remain fast;
cling: Will this button hold?
- to keep or maintain a grasp on something.
- to maintain one's position against opposition;
continue in resistance.
- to agree or side (usually fol. by with): to hold with new methods.
- to hold property by some tenure;
derive title (usually fol. by by, from, in, or of ).
- to remain attached, faithful, or steadfast (usually fol. by to): to hold to one's purpose.
- to remain valid;
be in force: The rule does not hold.
- to refrain or forbear (usually used imperatively).
- hold back:
- to restrain or check: Police held back the crowd.
- to retain possession of;
keep back: He held back ten dollars.
- to refrain from revealing;
withhold: to hold back information.
- to refrain from participating or engaging in some activity: He held back from joining in the singing because he felt depressed.
- dodge (def. 2).
- hold down:
- to restrain;
check: Hold down that noise!
- to continue to hold and manage well: She held down that job for years.
- hold forth:
- to extend or offer;
- to talk at great length;
harangue: When we left, he was still holding forth on World War II.
- hold in:
- to restrain;
- to contain oneself;
exercise restraint: He was raging inside, but held himself in for fear of saying something he would regret.
- hold off:
- to keep at a distance;
- to postpone action;
defer: If you hold off applying for a passport, you may not get one in time.
- hold on:
- to keep a firm grip on.
- to keep going;
- to maintain, as one's opinion or position.
- to stop;
halt (usually used imperatively): Hold on now! That isn't what I meant at all.
- to keep a telephone connection open by not hanging up the receiver: The operator asked us to hold on while the number we'd dialed was being checked.
- hold one's own. See own (def. 5).
- hold one's peace. See peace (def. 12).
- hold one's tongue. See tongue (def. 25).
- hold out:
- to present;
- to stretch forth;
extend: Hold out your hand.
- to continue to exist;
last: Will the food hold out?
- to refuse to yield or submit: The defenders held out for weeks.
- to withhold something expected or due: He was suspected of holding out information important to the case.
- hold over:
- to keep for future consideration or action;
- to remain in possession or in office beyond the regular term.
- to remain beyond the arranged period: The movie was held over for a week.
- to prolong (a tone) from one measure to the next.
- hold up:
- to offer;
give: She held up his father as an example to follow.
- to present to notice;
expose: to hold someone up to ridicule.
- to hinder;
delay: The plane's departure was held up because of the storm.
- to stop by force in order to rob.
- to support;
uphold: to hold up farm prices.
- to stop;
halt: They held up at the gate.
- to maintain one's position or condition;
endure: They held up through all their troubles.
- hold water. See water (def. 17).
- hold with:
- to be in agreement with;
concur with: I don't hold with his pessimistic views.
- to approve of;
condone: They won't hold with such a travesty of justice.
- an act of holding fast by a grasp of the hand or by some other physical means;
grip: Take hold. Do you have a hold on the rope?
- something to hold a thing by, as a handle;
something to grasp, esp. for support.
- something that holds fast or supports something else.
- an order reserving something: to put a hold on a library book.
- [Finance.]a security purchased or recommended for long-term growth.
- a controlling force or dominating influence: to have a hold on a person.
- [Wrestling.]a method of seizing an opponent and keeping him in control: a toe hold.
- a pause or delay, as in a continuing series: a hold in the movements of a dance.
- a prison or prison cell.
- a receptacle for something: a basket used as a hold for letters.
- a halt in the prelaunch countdown, either planned or unexpectedly called, to allow correction of one or more faults in the rocket or missile.
- a fortified place;
- (on telephones with two or more lines) a feature that enables a person to maintain a connection on one line while answering another line.
- get hold of:
- to get a hold on: Get hold of the railing.
- to communicate with, esp. by telephone: If she's not at home, try to get hold of her at the office.
- no holds barred, without limits, rules, or restraints.
- on hold:
- in or into a state of temporary interruption or suspension: The project will be put on hold until funds become available.
- in or into a state of temporary interruption in a telephone connection: I'm putting you on hold to answer another call.Cf. call waiting.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
This image of Hold The Floor have 9 pictures including Heavy.com, With Each New Session, Gradually Work Your Way Around Straightening Your Legs, Still Holding The Position For 5 Sets Of 15s With 45s Rest., HOLD THE FLOOR | Events Calendar, Stock Photo - Woman Sitting On The Floor And Hold The Legs And Looks In The Camera, PVC Figures, Glass Plates, Phenolic Sheets, Polyurethane Resin 40 Parts Each: 39.37 X 39.37 X 3.15 Inches 100 X 100 X 8 Cm. Courtesy The Artist And ., Donald Trump Teases That He Could Buck The NRA On One Aspect Of Guns, Hold The Floor!, STILL GOING: Senate Dems Continue To Hold The Floor Ahead Of The Vote To Nominate, Camu Tao: Hold The Floor. Below are the pictures:
The toilet is usually smaller, in comparison with different suites inside your home. In addition they generally have numerous perspectives, therefore Hold The Floor can be quite difficult. The distinction between an excellent job plus a negative job that really needs to become repainted depends mainly on the paint chosen for that job's color. The colors used affect how the space is believed.
Applying dark shades makes the area seem smaller and richer. Vibrant colors brighten the space up, and ensure it is look bigger. Humidity in the bathroom's quantity is a lot higher-than in additional areas. This is the major reason why colour is removed in bathrooms that are properly decorated. It must enter deep enough to cover the painted surface. This is determined by artwork techniques and also color used's quality.
When Hold The Floor that are prone to mold there are many coloring available which contain mildew ides. However, often, color produced designed for the restroom is satisfactory. Ensure the region to the threshold or wall that is generally included in the equipment should really be tightly-closed so as never to remove.